Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rest in Peace, Swami

I received news not 10 minutes ago that Sathya Sai Baba has left us. His body died, presumably of heart-related troubles. I won't know the details until the official announcement is released.

For those of you who don't know, Sathya Sai Baba is my guru. He is the second incarnation of the Kali Yuga Avatar, successor to Shirdi Sai Baba. In roughly a decade, Prema Sai, the third and final incarnation, will be born, and will lead humanity into a final golden age.

That's who He was to everybody. To me, He was my teacher, my friend, my source of inspiration. He gave me hope and joy, and was always there. My only regret is that He didn't live long enough for me to go see him on pilgrimage.

I actually don't know what to feel right now. He's gone, but not gone. I feel like crying for Him, but at the same time I know He's right here. My world's been torn to pieces, but nothing's really changed. I'm in an odd position right now, and haven't a clue as to what I'm supposed to feel.

I know it's strange, but a small part of me hopes He'll come back tomorrow. Given the time-zone differences, He died exactly at Midnight on Easter. I know it might only be coincidence, but I hope from the bottom of my heart of hearts that it isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment